REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING (Old & New Business; Open to Citizens)
- Resolution presented for the election of TWO Trustee positions for a 2 year Term on the April 5, 2022 Ballot. It was accepted and approved.
- A Resolution Directing the Zoning Commission to conduct a Public Hearing and make the recommendation regarding the need for a moratorium on the development of vacation rental dwellings by owner was introduced, read in full, accepted and approved.
- Fireworks Permit issued to Ben Moseley at 5557 Railroad St. on 12/31/21 to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
- The Christmas Light Decorating contest winners are as follows: 1st Place / Walsh Family = $100; 2nd Place / Moseley Family = $75; and 3rd Place / Borman Family = $50.
- The “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST judging results for adults/teens are in.
First Place: “Winery Colors” photographed by Marilyn Kluesner of Marthasville. The prize is a $25 gift certificate from Stone Ledge Antiques. Runner Up: “Artistic Augusta” photographed by Linda Becker of Union. Prize donated by Quaint, Cozy & Quiet Airbnb for a $25 gift certificate to any Augusta business. Photographs are on display at the Augusta Library, in the December 2021 Boone Country Connenction, and on the Town website under Photo Contest. This is the last adult contest for the present. The “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest may resume at a later date in a new format. The KIDS’ “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST will continue in September of 2022.
- The Town website is soliciting ideas of how to improve. One suggestion is to link the Facebook page with the website. (If anyone knows how to link the two, please contact me, Gay Eskew, on the Town email of email@example.com .) Another idea is to add a page with the latest updates. Possible examples of photos are the winners of the house-decorating contest, the gingerbread house contest, Christmas Walk highlights, Harvest Festival highlights, Plein Air “People’s Choice” contests, etc.
- Treasurer’s Report: -Treasurer’s Report was approved. -The resolution to accept the Actual Budget amounts from Sep 2020 thru Aug 2021 was approved.
- Collector: -Zoning submitted 3 checks for sign permits (@ $25.00): Augusta Homestead, Garden-to-Plate, and Botanical Tea Room. –One business license (@ $25.00) application received for Hoffman Guest Homes at 5567 Walnut.
- Public Works: -Tree Brothers starting work on January 6, 2022 for tree removal and cleanup. -An asphalt repair bid was received for Webster & High St, Public & 5Th St. and Lower St of $17,500. Bob Hofer requested an additional $2,500.00 to the already approved $15,000 for street asphalt repair. Approved.
–Cold patching material is on order.
- Farm: –Crops were harvested and the Town should receive their last payment by the end of December.
- Zoning & Planning: -The 3 sign permits were approved as presented (see Collector’s Report). -Motion made to accept the recommendation from Zoning to NOT approve the sign permit because it is on residential property.
- Cemetery: No updates.
- History & Museum: No report.
- Chamber: –39th Augusta Candlelight Christmas Walk on December 3rd was a huge success. –House Tour was extremely successful. –Trivia Night tickets are sold out. –Gertie the Grinch Goat raised $372. -Motion made by Bob Hofer that the Town of Augusta pays $480 and the Chamber pays $480 for a total of $960 for 2 Shuttles.
Other Committees: -Town of Augusta is in it’s 12th year as a Tree City.
December 10 (Friday) 5 – 10 pm — 39th Candlelight Christmas Walk
Dec. 10 — Christmas Market at the Harmonie Verein
December 11 — Christmas Trivia Night at Harmonie Verein – Sold out
December 3 -10 — Gingerbread House Contest – Vote for your favorite house.