Our mission is to develop a love for taking pictures, supplying tips for excellent photos, and showcasing our unique Town of Augusta.
What is unique in the Town of Augusta? What type of perspective will enhance the view or a unique place in Town? What comprises the “heart of Augusta”?
What do photographers and painters have in common? The May “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest for all ages is searching for creative photographs incorporating the artists in Town painting for the Plein Air Art Festival (April 20-29). Other categories include “Augusta Awareness.” What catches your eye? What’s new to you? Is there something unique in Town? Be creative in taking a shot of something ordinary.
- Take pictures in the town limits of Augusta.
- Tell a story.
Photos will be judged first on an event, a view, a building, an animal/plant unique to Augusta, or something similar. Composition quality is as important as is picture clarity. One standout distinction for a photograph is whether or not someone desires to take a second glance, or a third.
The reason for dubbing the 2023 “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest as “The Big Ten” consists of honoring the contest’s milestone tenth year. Even during Covid there was at least one contest each year. The new year of 2023 reintroduces a Teen/Adult Contest and an All Ages Contest. The popular, consistent entries in the KIDS’ “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST will be moved to October.
2023 PHOTO SUBMISSION DEADLINES
- All AGES CONTEST focuses on the Plein Air Festival events in Augusta: May 15 Deadline.
- TEEN / ADULT CONTEST focuses on the Harvest Festival events: Deadline is September 30.
- Kids 12 & under: Deadline in October 2023.
MAY PLEIN AIR FESTIVAL PRIZES for All Ages
- Halcyon Spa with a $25.00 gift certificate
- Quaint, Cozy & Quiet $25.00 gift certificate to participating Town businesses
OCTOBER 2023 PRIZES for Kids 12 & under “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest
3 cash prizes from the Town Board ($30, $25, and $20)
- The Uniqueness of Augusta with Creative Composition, Use of Light, and Clarity
- Photos judged by local artists and photographers
Send in one 4 x 6 photo taken in Town with THIS FORM (print and complete, or fill in the form below and it will be emailed to you for printing). An entry form will be available soon. Meanwhile, if you are in Augusta, you may pick up entry forms 24 hours a day from the Post Office foyer or the Wandering Owl/Augusta Gifts & Visitor Info entryway by the Town Square.
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
“Best of Augusta” Photo Contest
PO Box 42
Augusta, MO 6333Art