REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING (Old & New Business; Open to Citizens)
- Motion made by Bob Hofer to accept the Town of Augusta Zoning Commission recommendation to enact a Moratorium on Vacation Rental Dwellings by Owner. The process was followed and approved to become Ordinance 2022-02.
- Business License process has begun.
- Town Directories have been mailed.
- Still looking for a Parks Committee person.
- April 5 election material submitted.
Open to Citizens (no signups)
- Treasurer’s Report: –Treasurer’s Report will be given in March. (The Treasurer was absent.)
- Collector: –Sign Permit ($15.00) for the Cottage at 215 Jackson St. –Business Licenses (2 @ $25.00) from Nick Henderson and the Botanical Tea Room. -Eff 1-25-22 for $1,133.16 from the December 2021 RR & Utility tax. -Eff 1-14-22 for $10,986.08 from Final Dist tax in December 2021. –Land Use Permit ($75.00) for 5573 Walnut.
- Public Works: –Tree service work completed by Tree Brothers. -Still waiting on asphalt bids.
- Farm Report: No updates.
- Zoning & Planning: –233 Jackson withdrew their application to rezone from Residential to Commercial. -Motion approved NOT to refund 233 Jackson the rezoning application fee. -Sign Permit at 215 Jackson approved.
- History & Museum: No report.
- Chamber: -Visitor’s Center Store opening the 1st week of April. -Request by Chamber of Commerce to use the Town Hall for Plein Air Judging on April 30, 2022 from 7am to noon. Town Board approved.
- Other Committees: No reports.
First week in April Augusta Gifts 2022 opening (Visitors’ Center)
April 20 – 30, 2022 PLEIN AIR Art Festival