- The October Beerfest request by Terry Heisler for October 2 from 12 – 5 pm on the ballfield was approved.
- The Good News Club‘s request to use the Kemner Building on Wednesdays from 2:45 – 4:00 pm for a children’s Bible study was approved.
- A letter was presented by Joe Struckhoff from the Fire Department and was read by Bob Hofer.
- Vacate street request from 5524 Walnut Street needs the agreement of all 3 property owners to be approved.
- Hoffman Company purchased Town & Country Nursery.
- Dennis Woodhouse requested adding the Botanical Tea Room to the Town Website.
- The KIDS’ “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST is coming in September. Cash prizes up to $75 from the Town was approved by the Board for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Collector: -June EFF collection was $38.44, effective on 7-15-21.
- Public Works: -The ball field light pole repair estimate of $12,840 placed on hold until the Town insurance company is consulted. -Discussed adding a no parking sign at the Visitor Center’s basement double doors. -Approved up to $5,000 for street patching. –Special thanks to Kale Meinershagen and Paul Carmen for debris cleanup around Town. –Gowers Tree Service sent an estimate of $2,300 to remove downed trees, debris, and grind the stumps. Board approved $3,000 for the work. –Sidewalk grant is in progress. – Visitor Center interior renovation is 99% complete.
- Farm: No updates.
- Zoning & Planning: -Zoning letter completed for Mt. Pleasant Estates. -Zoning requested a budget change from $500 to $5,000 to show in the Budget for the September meeting.
- Cemetery: No updates.
- History & Museum: No updates.
- Chamber: –Harvest Festival update includes 55 baskets sold so far for “Swinging in the Vines” and 67 dinners sold for the “Fruit of the Harvest” event. Parade route on hold until the September meeting. – Visitor’s Center work is 99% complete. -Christmas Walk meeting is August 10th.
September 17-18 — Harvest Festival: Friday is Swinging in the Vines; Saturday includes 5K and 10K races as well as the Harvest Parade and other activities throughout Town. Saturday evening is the “Fruit of the Harvest dinner.
September 30 — Kids’ “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest deadline.
October 2 — Beerfest from 12-5 pm at the ballfield