October 4, 2021 Meeting Highlights
7:00 pm REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING (Old & New Business; Open to Citizens)
- The Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Town Budget was approved.
- St. Charles County approved a hotel with certain conditions for the property between Jackson and Church Streets off Highway 94.
- Hoffman Company purchased the Katy Bike Rental in Defiance.
- Augusta Athletic Association was dissolved. The Town is taking over the utility payments.
- Approved up to $600 for printing 250 new Town Directories.
- The Town Directory is on the Town website under Residents.
- The KIDS’ “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST deadline was September 30. The entries are in and being judged. Thank you to Mrs. Sarah Bayless, Augusta Elementary Art Teacher, for spearheading the entries through her classes. Thank you to Lois Barton for organizing the judging. Thanks also to the PTL and Mrs. Robertson, principal of Augusta Elementary, for their support.
- Treasurer’s Report: –Sales tax for the previous year was $40,036.77. -Treasurer’s Report was approved.
- Collector: -August EFF collection was $76.15, effective on 9-15-21. -Certification letter for the Tax Rate was received. -Zoning submitted 5 checks (see their report).
- Public Works: -Looking for bids from other tree services to cut trees and clean up debris. -Joe Buchheit is looking for members for a Parks Committe to gather a list of projects for the Town Park and the Town Square. –Yard Waste Dumpster sign to be installed next week. -Checking for a solution to the greywater problem at Mt. Pleasant Winery.
- Farm: -Bachhaus Brothers completed the corn harvest on the Augusta Farmland.
- Zoning & Planning: -Land use permit for 276 Lower Street for $50. -Land use permit for 215 Jackson Street for $50. -Sign permit for Mt. Pleasant Estates for $70. -Sign permit at 225 Jackson Street for Hoffman Gas for $20. -Conditional Use permit for 4SCHLakes for $1,000. -Request for rezoning on Hackman Road. A Parcel Tax ID was given. –Zoning Board appointees, Emily Lochirco and Kevin Schneider, were approved. –Zoning Commissioner Bryan Cavanaugh was approved. -A new term ending in 2025 was approved for Randall Oaks on the Board of Adjustments.
- Cemetery: No updates.
- History & Museum: No report.
- Chamber: –Meeting on 10/5 to discuss the Harvest Festival with possible changes. -Beer Fest was a success. -Preparations are underway for the 39th Augusta Candlelight Christmas Walk. The Scavenger Hunt theme is Grapes. -Dates and activites are below.
- Other: –Volunteers needed to clean up the Visitor Center’s basement.
November 13 — Augusta Ramble 2 pm
November 14 — Town Square Decorating
November 15 — Luminary Party
December 3 & 10 — 39th Candlelight Christmas Walk
December 4 — Holiday House Tour
December 11 — Christmas Trivia Night at Harmonie Verein
December 3 -10 — Gingerbread House Contest