REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING (Old & New Business; Open to Citizens)
- Town Board Election coming up on April 5, 2022.
- Bulk Trash pickup on April 4, 2022.
- Rabies Clinic rescheduled for May 7, 2022.
- Mowing bids scheduled for the April meeting.
- Still looking for a Parks Committee. The suggestion is for at least 5 committee members.
- Renovations on the Wine Hall by Hoffman are in progress.
- The next Best of Augusta” Photo Contest is for kids 12 & under in September of 2022. Kathy Miller, the new editor after Dianne Rashid’s retirement, is encouraging us to continue writing a monthly article to keep the “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest in the forefront of the readers of the Boone Country Connection. Some of our entries have noted that the BCC is the place that they first became aware of the photo contest.
Open to Citizens No signups.
- Treasurer’s Report: -Treasurer’s Report was approved.
- Collector: –Business Licenses submitted (14 @ $25.00) for Augusta Gift Shop, Augusta Clothing Company, Stone Ledge Antiques, Lindenhof B&B, Root Hospitality, Country Side Brokers, Nadler Drafting, Hedrick Brothers, Centennial Farms, Pitman Funeral Home, Augusta Glass, Conservatory, American Kitchen, and Quaint Airbnb. -Eff 2-15-22: $136.80 for January 2022 Collections. -Eff 2-28-22: $3,145.71 for Annual SUR Tax.
- Public Works: -Special thanks to Mike, Kale and Clint for the brush clean up at the yard waste dumpster. -Working on obtaining blacktop & asphalt bids. -Discussion from an Ebenezer Church representative about the procedure for repairs on the sidewalk and steps at the Church.
- Farm: No report.
- Zoning & Planning: -Zoning Commissioner presented updated Permit Application forms for Land Use, Conditional Use, Sign and Rezoning for approval. Town Board approved the recommendations for the updated Permit Application forms. -Zoning Commission gave an update on the Vacation Rental Dwellings by Owner moratorium by sharing the ideas and concerns that were discussed at the Public Hearing.
- History & Museum: No report.
- Chamber: –Plein Air Art Festival will be held the 20th thru 30th of April. The Chamber has submitted a street closure request for the 30th of April from 7am to 5pm for the Final Art Sale. Approved. -Request from the Chamber to Businesses and Residents for additional housing for Artists coming from out of town.
- Other Committees: No reports.
April 4, 2022 (Monday) Bulk Trash Pickup
April 5, 2022 (Tuesday) Election of Town Board Trustees
April 20 – 30, 2022 (11 days) PLEIN AIR Art Festival
May 7, 2022 Rabies Clinic (noon – 1 pm)