6:30 pm BUDGET PROPOSAL MEETING The 2021-2022 Budget was proposed, adjusted, and discussed. It was accepted and approved. The Budget ordinance will be presented at the October meeting.
7:00 pm REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
- The conditional use application for a filling station at 225 Jackson Street within the Town of Augusta was approved.
- Augusta Gifts at the Augusta Visitor’s Center opened August 18, 2021. Regular hours of operation are on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11 am – 5 pm.
- The KIDS’ “BEST OF AUGUSTA” PHOTO CONTEST deadline is September 30. Mrs. Sarah Bayless, Augusta Elementary Art Teacher, is focusing on photography lessons. There will be field trips around Town to take photos. Lois Barton is facilitating the judging of the entries.
- Treasurer’s Report: -The Chairman and the Treasurer are approved to transfer funds at each bank. -Treasurer’s Report was approved.
- Collector: -July EFF collection was $4.46, effective on 7-15-21. Conditional Use Permit Application for a filling station at 225 Jackson Street was $500.
- Public Works: -The Board approved an additional $1,000 for Gowers Tree Service to the $3,000 already approved for a total of $4,000 for tree removal and trimming. –Yard Waste Dumpster signs presented by Joe Buchheit for Board review. – A Town citizen, Jan Mallinckrodt, expressed concern about a drainage problem at Mt. Pleasant Winery. It will be investigated and addressed.
- Farm: Harvesting the corn crop will be from mid to late September.
- Zoning & Planning: -Land use permit requested for HVAC repair at 5491 Hackman Rd. No charge. -Conditional Use permit for a filling station was approved. -Letter of Resignation was submitted by Zoning Commissioner Jim Reed. Letter of Resignation submitted by Zoning Commission member Dale Heining. Both letters of resignation accepted.
- Cemetery: No updates.
- History & Museum: Musuem meeting on 9/16/21.
- Chamber: –Harvest Festival is this weekend. Parade route and street closures were approved. – Visitor’s Center, Augusta Gifts, is open. –Plein Air meeting is September 15. –The Christmas Walk committee requested street closures.
- Other: The New Directory is on hold with the printer until a final update.
September 17-18 — Harvest Festival: Friday is Swinging in the Vines; Saturday includes 5K and 10K races as well as the Harvest Parade and other activities throughout Town. Saturday evening is the “Fruit of the Harvest dinner.
September 30 — Kids’ “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest deadline.
October 2 — October Beerfest from 12-5 pm at the ballfield
October 10 — Hog/Sausage Dinner at the church