REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING (Old & New Business; Open to Citizens)
- Approved an Ordinance to pay the Zoning Commissioner an hourly rate of $28.80/hr for the Zoning Commission work performed.
- Hoffman updates are in Open to Citizens.
Open to Citizens: Don Simon, Hoffman’s Representative, spoke to the citizens and expressed positive motives and plans for the Hoffman’s Family of Companies.
- Treasurer’s Report: -Treasurer’s Report was approved. -ARPA expenditures report for Mar 3 thru Mar 31st submitted by Ellen Knoernschild.
- Collector: –Eff 3-15-22: $95.02 for February 2022 Collections. –Land Use Permits (2 @ $50.00) for Janit Cross and Aleman Builders. –Business Licenses submitted (9 @ $25.00) for Miss Rhineland Tours, Ozark Hospitality, Good News Brewery, Red Brick Inn, Swan Haven Inn, Hoffman Gator Tours, Hoffman Gas Station, Mt. Pleasant Winery, and Hoffman Guest Home.
- Public Works: -Various pot holes have been patched. -Visitor Center clean up went well. -We’ve received 3 bids for asphalt paving. Approved an additional $3,000 to the already approved $17,500 for asphalt repair. -Approved $4,000 for paint for the History Museum. -Mowing bids submitted and reviewed. Approved mowing bids by Trei Irwin and Bill Harrison.
- Farm: No updates.
- Zoning & Planning: -Zoning Commissioner gave an update on the Vacation Rental Dwellings by Owner moratorium. -Zoning Commission received a request to change 233 Jackson St from Residential to Commercial. -Zoning Commission meetings are Apr 12th & 25th.
- History & Museum: -Open House Apr 30th from 11am to 3pm. -Museum meeting Apr 12th.
- Chamber: –We have 90 artists signed up for the Plein Air event from April 20th thru the 30th.-April 30th will be the Art Sale at the Kemner Building.
- Other Committees: No reports.
April 20 – 30, 2022 (11 days) PLEIN AIR Art Festival event in the Greater Augusta community
April 30, 2022 PLEIN AIR Art Sale at the Kemner Building
April 30, 2022 History Museum Open House (11 am – 3 pm)
May 2, 2022 Next Town Board Meeting
May 7, 2022 Rabies Clinic (noon – 1 pm)