- The Emporium General Store, 5545 Walnut Street, presented an artist rendition of the new Hotel on the 40 acres off Church Street at its opening.
- Mike Shultz submitted diagrams and routes for the Harvest Festival Fruit of the Vines Parade. The Board discussed the Parade route.
- Don Struckoff who lives at Jefferson and Walnut called Bob Hofer to request getting the street vacated next to his property. The procedure of how this happens was shared.
- Hoffman Companies update presented.
- Collector: -May EFF is $127.78. -Nine sign permits from Hoffman Properties for $90.00.
- Public Works: -Discussed the yard waste dumpster. Solutions included a yard waste sign, possibly burning the yard waste, or contacting a tree service to chip limbs and debris. Continuing to pursue alternatives. –Asphalt damage on Jackson St in front of the Wine Country Inn sign. –Library column has been repaired. –Sidewalk Grant Phase 1 construction is still possibly 2 years away. -Discussed repairing the Ball field for future us. A light pole at the field needs repair.
- Farm: –Corn is growing good. -Midyear farm payment of $10,400 received from the Backhaus brothers.
- Zoning & Planning: -Hoffman Properties requested 9 sign permits: 2 for the Emporium at 5595 Walnut St; 1 for Gas & Gator at 225 Jackson St; 2 for Augusta Winery at 5601 High St (front & back); 1 for Augusta Wine & Beer Garden at 5625 High St; 1 for Augusta Bistro at 266 Jackson St; 1 for Kickstand at 5523 Water St; and 1 for the Bike Shop at 5533 Water St.
- Cemetery: -South fence line repaired. -Committee is researching better software for cemetery plot tracking.
- History & Museum: –Museum is open the first Sunday of the month.
- Chamber: –Harvest Festival on September 17-18 has plans for 5K and 10K runs plus a Harvest parade on Saturday the 18th. “Swinging in the Vines” is on Friday and the “Fruit of the Harvest” dinner on Saturday –Kickstand grand opening was rescheduled due to the weather. –Economic Development Luncheon on August 10. -Wineries and businesses are looking for help.
- “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest winners are: 1st Place “Augusta Glory” by Marilyn Kluesner (Prize of two wine/chocolate pairings from Augusta Winery) Runner up “Ancient Augusta Art” by A. Lee Kelley (Prize of products from Jordan Essentials) Kids’ Photo Contest is planned for September. Students from Augusta Elementary will be participating.
September 17-18 — Harvest Festival: Friday is Swinging in the Vines; Saturday includes 5K and 10K races as well as the Harvest Parade and other activities throughout Town.
September 30 — Kids’ “Best of Augusta” Photo Contest deadline.